Tuesday 14 June 2011

The Dragon up the Hill

I had some time this afternoon, and I was in the garden, enjoying the sunshine and the greenery. Looking back at the house, there was Norbert the dragon, sitting on top of the house.
It reminded me of the times when we believed as kiddies that the old dear in the house on the hill was a dragon. ( not literally of course)
I made a quick line drawing straight on the watercolour paper and then I wet the page, leaving the house and dragon dry.
I fizzed in some cadmium red and an ultra/crimson mix on the top of the house - and then I made a sap green and a paynes grey blend and applied it to suggest the house was sitting on a hill.

I could have called it "enter the dragon" but that's too twee so its been called:

The Dragon up the Hill 

16 comments:

  1. Great effects in the red and green! I can see the dragon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it, Judy! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat I am very happy to see you venturing into this type of paint more freely and creatively. I really enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Nil. Glad you enjoyed it :)
    It is very free and creative - and another style I love painting in.
    I'm sure there'll be more in the future :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really give us the idea, I'm not sure I would have the courage to enter there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you have got the idea of it, Jane.. and I'm sure you'd be brave enough ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the strong colors and the wet into wet worked well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Sheryl :)
    and how many dragons can you see? :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed very much the result of your relaxing moment, Pat! Very original, loose, wonderful!Congrats!xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Pat,
    Good challenge and interesting result! Colours and washes are so impressive. Your work inspires me. Thank you.
    Cheers, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  11. There you go again...encouraging me to loosen up because great things can happen!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Compliments on your complements Pat! I love Red/Green so the sight of a rusty barn in a field just makes me want to stop and paint! I did see a dragon (or perhaps two) in there. We had a couple of haunted houses that we used to play in when we were young - scary stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Anamaria - glad you enjoyed it :)

    Thanks Sadami :) Impressive and inspiring - you are too kind *hugs*

    That's me, Tonya - every now and then throw a curve ball :) xx

    Fun seeing things, isn't it Michael?
    We had a couple of old dragons where we used to play.. the thought of those old biddys scares me even now ! :lol:

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool! I love the effect you've achieved here. It is beautifully simple, and simply beautiful! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Ross, your comment gave me a warm glow... :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of vivid color here! Has so much movement and life... great job, Pat!

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts with Thumbnails